Delivery & Returns
Orders are shipped on a 'next working day' delivery service with DPD Local. Orders received before 12.30pm should be shipped the same day although this cannot be guaranteed. We hold large volumes of finished goods in stock and we will always use our best endeavours to despatch orders as quickly as possible and inform you promptly if there are any delays.
We charge £7.50 (exc VAT) for packing and carriage for orders below the value of £250.00 (exc VAT). Orders over the value of £250.00(exc VAT) are 'carriage free'.
OTHER AREAS OF THE UK
We charge £15.00(exc VAT) for packing and carriage deliveries to Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland and £20.00 (exc VAT) for packing and carriage deliveries to Scottish Highlands/Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man and Isle of Scilly. This is usually a 'two working day' delivery service. Orders over the value of £250.00 (exc VAT) are 'carriage free'.
DELIVERIES OUTSIDE OF THE UK
Deliveries made to addresses outside of the UK will be quoted per order. We will use DHL for these deliveries and always try to obtain the most economical delivery method.
There may be additional charges for export documentation for example, Certificates of Origin.
The Buyer may only cancel orders with the prior written consent of The Safety Knife Co Ltd (The Company). We reserve the right to refuse cancellation of orders in all situations and in particular in the case where Goods are ready to be dispatched to the Buyer, or have been dispatched to the Buyer.
We will not accept return of Goods where such Goods have been correctly supplied to order to the Buyer. The Company may voluntarily agree to a return of Goods but this will only be with our consent and we will not in any event be obliged to accept the return of Goods. Where such a return of the Goods is voluntarily accepted by us there will be a handling charge of 15% of the purchase price of the products. It will be the Buyers responsibility to return all Goods free from defect to us and cover the cost of all carriage where we have voluntarily agreed to accept the return of the Goods.
DAMAGE OR LOSS IN TRANSIT, SHORTAGES AND DEFECTS
1. We will replace free of charge Goods damaged in transit, provided that the carrier and The Company receive written notice of such damage within 48 hours of delivery.
2. Without prejudice to the provisions of Condition 4, Goods should be checked with the Delivery Note enclosed with the Goods on receipt, and if received in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition, must be signed for as such.
3. Shortages must also be notified to the carrier and The Company within 48 hours of delivery, failing which no liability will be accepted. In the above cases, the packing and contents should be retained for inspection. Non-delivery of Goods must be reported in writing to The Company within 48 hours of receipt of invoice, or Delivery Note, whichever is the earlier.
4. Any claim by the Buyer for any alleged shortages or any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specifications, shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Buyer) be notified to The Company within 5 days of the date of delivery or (where the defect or failure was not apparent on reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after discovery of the shortage, defect or failure, and must be accompanied by full particulars of delivery number and details of the shortage, defect or failure. Failure to comply with these requirements shall preclude the Buyer from making any claim against The Company. If, notwithstanding the foregoing the Buyer accepts the Goods, and does not notify The Company in accordance with this Condition 4, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and The Company shall have no liability for such defect or failure, and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract. If The Company fails to deliver the Goods (or any installment) for any reason other than any cause beyond The Company’s reasonable control or the Buyer's fault, and The Company is accordingly liable to the Buyer, The Company liability shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to the Buyer (in the cheapest available market) of similar goods to replace those not delivered over the price of the Goods.
5. No return of Goods will be accepted by The Company at its warehouse without a prior authorisation number having been given by us. Goods so returned shall be refused.
The Safety Knife Co Ltd